Jaguars vs Steelers: 5 rookies to watch
May 28, 2015; Jacksonville, FL, USA; Jacksonville Jaguars tight end Ben Koyack (48) during OTAs at the Florida Blue Health and Wellness Practice Fields. Mandatory Credit: Phil Sears-USA TODAY Sports
5) Ben Koyack, Tight End, Seventh-Round, Jacksonville Jaguars
Under new offensive coordinator Greg Olson, the Jacksonville Jaguars will be using tight ends more extensively and could use some more depth at the position. While Julius Thomas and Marcedes Lewis headline the group at tight end, Ben Koyack gets a bit overlooked. There are some other quality players at the position, so fighting for a spot on the team could be difficult.
Whether Koyack can distinguish himself in a crowded group is going to be critical to future with the team. He’ll have limited snaps, much like everyone else, and will have to make the most of them.
So far this offseason, Koyack hasn’t been one of the names we hear a lot. Is it a reasonable expectation just to see Koyack may a contribution on special teams or will his role be bigger than that? Finding that role could prove difficult for the young tight end. I would like to see him make a contribution on offense, especially after being a quality tight end at Notre Dame.
In this game, see if Koyack gets some quality reps in on offense and keep an eye on special teams as well.
Next: 10 players to watch against the Steelers
More from Black and Teal
- Jacksonville Jaguars should welcome Derrick Henry into the kingdom
- Jaguars Rumors: Trent Baalke seems to be getting respect now
- Bold trade proposal has Jacksonville Jaguars shipping LT Cam Robinson
- Jaguars News: This division rival might be making a big move
- Former Jacksonville Jaguars S Johnathan Cyprien: “New Profession, Same Standards”