Add Larry Warford to the Offensive Line
The New Orleans Saints moved on from Larry Warford at the right time. The three-time Pro Bowl guard could help fill a need for the Jaguars, providing another veteran who can help with the running game. Watford will have his share of bidders as solid linemen at this time of the season are hard to come by.
More from Jacksonville Jaguars News
- Jacksonville Jaguars should welcome Derrick Henry into the kingdom
- Jaguars Rumors: Trent Baalke seems to be getting respect now
- Jaguars News: This division rival might be making a big move
- Former Jacksonville Jaguars S Johnathan Cyprien: “New Profession, Same Standards”
- Jacksonville Jaguars TE Evan Engram officially gets the franchise tag: 3 takeaways
The Jaguars did not do much to help their own offensive line in either free agency or in the NFL Draft. It’s a curious decision, one that many of us local reporters have kicked around a few times. The front office has stated it is pleased with the players on the roster and expects big things from another season of working with offensive line coach George Warhop.
I’m not so convinced.
If the Jacksonville Jaguars start the season with the same five that opened Week 1 last year, is that really called progress? Does adding Ben Bartch, who played Division III football, make this line better? Will A.J. Cann or Will Richardson take a giant step forward on the right side of the line?
The biggest question is will Andrew Norwell finally show he was worth the guaranteed money the team shelled out to sign him two offseasons ago. Signing Warford doesn’t cure everything, but it does make a massive improvement.