Jacksonville Jaguars: 3 predictions for the NFL Draft
Three Offensive Linemen in the Top 10
The Jacksonville Jaguars are going to get a few “big uglies” in this Draft. I’m not sold on the first selection being a defensive tackle. As we discussed last week, I believe an offensive tackle may be first in line.
More from Jaguars Draft
- Jacksonville Jaguars fortify secondary in 4-round 2023 Post-Combine NFL Mock Draft
- The Jaguars may look for edge rushers with pick 24
- The Jacksonville Jaguars got so lucky with the 2021 NFL Draft
- Jaguars fortify OL with Jaelyn Duncan in CBS Sports’ 2023 NFL Mock Draft
- Jacksonville Jaguars don’t need to trade up in the 2023 NFL Draft to land a cornerback
In the FanSided.com Mock NFL Draft, I have the Jaguars selected Louisville tackle, Mekhi Becton. He is big at 6-foot-7 and 364 pounds and fast, with a 5.1 40-yard dash time. Selecting him kicks Cam Robinson inside and potentially means the team will release guard Andrew Norwell.
The front office and coaching staff seem to think the offensive line will get better this season now that Robinson is one more year removed from his ACL injury from 2018. We still must see production out of the former Alabama star to be convinced. The coaching staff isn’t giving up on the big man yet, but there must be an improvement in his fourth season in the NFL.
I see three tackles going in the top nine selections.