Key Players to Watch as the Jaguars take on the New York Jets
Myles Jack – Linebacker
The player who is going to be the most important on the defensive side of the ball is middle linebacker Myles Jack. He is the only usual starting linebacker that is healthy. The Jets have one of the best running backs in Le’Veon Bell.
More from Jacksonville Jaguars News
- Jacksonville Jaguars should welcome Derrick Henry into the kingdom
- Jaguars Rumors: Trent Baalke seems to be getting respect now
- Jaguars News: This division rival might be making a big move
- Former Jacksonville Jaguars S Johnathan Cyprien: “New Profession, Same Standards”
- Jacksonville Jaguars TE Evan Engram officially gets the franchise tag: 3 takeaways
So far this year Jack has performed pretty well and each week it seems like he is getting better. Jack has a tough task containing Bell but he does have the skill and the athleticism to do so. A key to the Jaguars victory is limiting Bell in open space. If they can do that it almost guarantees a victory for Jacksonville.
The Jets don’t have much on offense but they do have a Pro Bowl-caliber running back in Bell. He is going to be the focal point of the Jets offense this week in both the passing and the running game. Myles is going to have to put this defense in the right position to contain him, because the Jaguars do sometimes struggle against these dual threat running backs.
I expect Myles to lead the team will at least eight tackles and have at least two of those tackles will be for a loss.