Jaguars take jab at Carson Wentz and Commanders on Schedule Release Day
The NFL has just announced the full schedule for the 2022 regular season and the Jacksonville Jaguars took advantage of the opportunity to throw shade at their Week 1 opponents, the Washington Commanders.
Throughout the Schedule Release Day, insiders and the league itself leaked some of the games. A few hours before the official release, the Washington Commanders announced on social media that they will be facing off against Jacksonville in Week 1. The Jaguars’ own social media team wasted no time and took a jab at quarterback Carson Wentz.
Wentz landed in Washington via trade earlier this year but he played against the Jags as a member of the Indianapolis Colts twice last year. While he helped Indy win their first matchup, Jacksonville got the best of their AFC South rival and beat them in the season finale. This was pretty embarrassing when you take into account that the Colts would have automatically made the playoffs if they had taken care of business and defeated the Jaguars at TIAA Bank Field. Instead, they became the talk of the town, and not for good reasons, “how on earth did the Colts lose to the pesky Jags?”
Here’s the rest of the Jaguars’ schedule for the 2022 season. @ denotes away game.
- Week 1 @ Washington Commanders – Sep 11, 1:00 p.m. ET
- Week 2 vs. Indianapolis Colts – Sep 18, 1:00 p.m. ET
- Week 3 @ Los Angeles Chargers -Sep 25, 4:05 p.m. ET
- Week 4 @ Philadelphia Eagles – Oct 2, 1:00 p.m. ET
- Week 5 vs. Houston Texans – Oct 9, 1:00 p.m. ET
- Week 6 @ Indianapolis Colts – Oct 16, 1:00 p.m. ET
- Week 7 vs. New York Giants – Oct 23, 1:00 ´p.m. ET
- Week 8 vs. Denver Broncos (at Wembley Stadium) – Oct 30, 9:30 a.m. ET
- Week 9 vs. Las Vegas Raiders – Nov 6, 1:00 p.m. ET
- Week 10 @ Kansas City Chiefs – Nov 13, 1:00 p.m. ET
- Week 11 – BYE
- Week 12 vs. Baltimore Ravens – Nov 27, 1:00 p.m. ET
- Week 13 @ Detroit Lions – Dec 4, 1:00 p.m. ET
- Week 14 @ Tennessee Titans – Dec 11, 1:00 p.m. ET
- Week 15 vs. Dallas Cowboys – Dec 18, 1:00 p.m. ET
- Week 16 @ NY Jets – Dec 22 (Thursday Night Football), 8:15 p.m. ET
- Week 17 @ Houston Texans – Jan 1, 1:00 p.m. ET
- Week 18 vs. Tennesee Titans – Jan 7-8 (To be announced)
The Jaguars’ schedule for the 2022 season is now set.
JP Finley of NBC Washington was the first to report the Jaguars would be the Commanders’ opponent in Week 1. Earlier in May, the league released the dates for its International Series, including Jacksonville’s game against the Broncos. However, it hadn’t announced what week of the season it would be.
Looking at the Jaguars’ schedule in 2022, there are really no surprises. They only got one game in primetime and it will be on Thursday Night. It’s been a while since they’ve played one on either Sunday or Monday Night. Jacksonville has spent the offseason loading up on talent, so it will be interesting to see how they stack up against powerhouses such as the Kansas City Chiefs or aerial attacks like the ones the Dallas Cowboys and the Las Vegas Raiders will feature.
Similarly, the Jaguars need to fare well against other bottom-tier clubs such as the New York Jets or the Detriot Lions. Last but not least, they must start winning games within their division. If they do, the league will have no choice but to give them a couple more primetime games in 2023.