Offensive Line – I put this above everything because the Jaguars don’t know who their starter will be next season. Protecting Gardner Minshew or Nick Foles must be priority No. 1 with the new regime in the front office.
More from Jaguars Draft
- Jacksonville Jaguars fortify secondary in 4-round 2023 Post-Combine NFL Mock Draft
- The Jaguars may look for edge rushers with pick 24
- The Jacksonville Jaguars got so lucky with the 2021 NFL Draft
- Jaguars fortify OL with Jaelyn Duncan in CBS Sports’ 2023 NFL Mock Draft
- Jacksonville Jaguars don’t need to trade up in the 2023 NFL Draft to land a cornerback
The good news is the unit has remained predominantly healthy this season. The bad news is the protection has not been great, which meant Foles had issues in pass protection and Minshew has had to run for his life many times this year.
If I were the general manager, I would seek two guards in free agency and then see if I can draft Andrew Thomas of Georgia with my first pick. Left tackle Cam Robinson is still recovering from an ACL injury, but he is not strong enough to battle opposing pass rushers on a consistent basis.
Thomas is a legit 10-year starter in this league and would give the Jaguars quality bookend tackles with Jawaan Taylor next season. The Jaguars must also figure out if they can keep Andrew Norwell at a reduced price or will he become a veteran casualty?