May 23, 2017 – Begin Phase Three
The Jacksonville Jaguars will perform OTA’s in phase three of the offseason program. Phase three is a four-week period for the team. The nine OTA dates in this phase are:
- May 23-24
- May 31
- June 2-3
- June 6-7
More from Jacksonville Jaguars News
- Jacksonville Jaguars should welcome Derrick Henry into the kingdom
- Jaguars Rumors: Trent Baalke seems to be getting respect now
- Jaguars News: This division rival might be making a big move
- Former Jacksonville Jaguars S Johnathan Cyprien: “New Profession, Same Standards”
- Jacksonville Jaguars TE Evan Engram officially gets the franchise tag: 3 takeaways
Following the OTA’s, the Jaguars will have a mandatory three-day minicamp. That minicamp is scheduled for June 14-16.
Expect seven-on-seven drills, nine-on-seven drills, and 11-on-11 drills during this final phase, but don’t expect live contact.
The minicamp is where the Jaguars will begin to see everyone come back to Jacksonville. Plenty of players across the NFL opt to train alone but the mandatory minicamp is exactly as it sounds: mandatory. Teams can penalize players for not making the minicamp.
At some point, the Jacksonville Jaguars are allowed to hold a seven-week rookie programs during the offseason program. Monday through Friday, this program will get rookies up to speed with the team. This portion is currently unscheduled. The Jaguars are also allowed to hold a weekend rookie minicamp for the team’s rookies. This achieved notoriety for the Jags a couple of seasons ago when 2015 first-round pick Dante Fowler Jr. tore his ACL during the minicamp and was forced to miss the season.