With the Houston Texans in the hunt for the playoffs, they get to open an early Christmas gift in the form of a terrible Jacksonville Jaguars team.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… unless you’re a fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Since 2007, the Jaguars haven’t given their fans much to be happy about this time of year and that trend has continued in 2016. Once at 2-3 with at least a speck of hope for a salvageable season, the Jaguars have lost 8 straight games and consequently positioned themselves for yet another top 5 draft pick
More from Jacksonville Jaguars News
- Jacksonville Jaguars RT Jawaan Taylor projected to sign with Broncos in 2023 NFL free agency
- 4 Pros and Cons to Jacksonville Jaguars Extending Josh Allen in 2023
- Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence vouches for Evan Engram to get paid
- Jacksonville Jaguars don’t need to trade up in the 2023 NFL Draft to land a cornerback
- Evan Engram will be the top TE in 2023 free agency IF he doesn’t re-sign with Jaguars
On the other side of the field this Sunday will stand the Houston Texans. When J.J. Watt was ruled out for the rest of the season, it was reasonable to expect the Texans to collapse under the weight of bad quarterback play and the loss of their defensive leader. Instead, head coach Bill O’Brien has found creative ways to snag wins away from division rivals and position his team for a playoff berth in an awful AFC South. It’s a stark contrast from what’s going on in Jacksonville, where Gus Bradley has literally set records for ineptitude while under-utilizing arguably the (second) most talented roster in the division.
So here we are, gearing up for another game on Sunday where the Jaguars should be able to match up and compete.
So what’s going to actually happen when the Jaguars host one of the better defenses in the NFL on Sunday? Will they play well or continue to embarrassing themselves? Click ahead to see my “rock solid” predictions: