Oct 4, 2015; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indianapolis Colts quarterback Matt Hasselbeck (8) throws a pass for a touchdown against Jacksonville Jaguars linebacker Paul Posluszny (51) at Lucas Oil Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports
3. Get after Matt Hasselbeck
The Colts were absolutely dominated by the Pittsburgh Steelers last week and the Steelers’ ability to rush the quarterback was a big reason why they won the game. Hasselbeck was sacked five times and it lead to him throwing two interceptions as well. The Colts are currently leading the league in giveaways with 25 total turnovers, this has to be something that the Jaguars must take advantage of.
On the flip side, the Jaguars have only forced 14 total turnovers which is 24th in the NFL, and their -5 turnover margin is the seventh lowest in the NFL. The Jaguars pass rush defense has struggled to make plays as well, their 29 sacks for the season is only the 14th highest in the NFL. That is a huge drop off from last season where the Jaguars ranked sixth in the NFL with 45 total sacks.
This could be the Jaguars last chance to keep themselves in contention to win the division, with only four games remaining in the regular season, this game is an absolute must win. If Jacksonville is able to limit silly mistakes, lean on Blake Bortles and pressure Matt Hasselbeck then they should have a great chance of beating the Colts for the first time since 2012.
More from Black and Teal
- Jacksonville Jaguars should welcome Derrick Henry into the kingdom
- Jaguars Rumors: Trent Baalke seems to be getting respect now
- Bold trade proposal has Jacksonville Jaguars shipping LT Cam Robinson
- Jaguars News: This division rival might be making a big move
- Former Jacksonville Jaguars S Johnathan Cyprien: “New Profession, Same Standards”