After going down with a hamstring injury in Wednesday’s full pad practice, second year wide receiver Marqise Lee is going to be out the next two weeks according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter:
We knew Lee would at the very least miss Thursday’s practice, but we were still waiting to hear the extent of the injury. While not ideal, a strained hamstring is somewhat of a sigh of relief for a team that saw their top draft pick in Dante Fowler Jr. go down with a torn ACL.
Schefter is one of the most reliable reporters in all of sports, but it is worth noting that the team has not come out and confirmed the timeline for Lee’s injury.
We’ll likely get an update either at the end of Thursday’s practice or Friday, but for now it’s probably safe to assume Lee won’t be practicing through next week. It’s a bit of a downer to see Lee struggling with injuries yet again, as it’s becoming more and more indicative of his penchant for missing time.
It might seem premature, but it appears Allen Hurns is assured of one of the top 2 starting receiver spots given the most recent injury to Lee.
More from Black and Teal
- Jacksonville Jaguars should welcome Derrick Henry into the kingdom
- Jaguars Rumors: Trent Baalke seems to be getting respect now
- Bold trade proposal has Jacksonville Jaguars shipping LT Cam Robinson
- Jaguars News: This division rival might be making a big move
- Former Jacksonville Jaguars S Johnathan Cyprien: “New Profession, Same Standards”