Jaguars Sign Guard A.J. Cann, All Draft Picks Now Signed
With the Jaguars heading into their final offseason practice before a summer break, they wrapped up signing all of their draft selections on Wednesday afternoon by signing third round pick A.J. Cann.
A massive, mauling guard out of South Carolina, Cann was considered by many to be a 2nd round player.
Despite signing veteran guard Zane Beadles from Denver last offseason to help shore up the interior offensive line, the Jaguars had arguably one of the worst pass blocking offensive lines in the entire league in 2014. Beadles was supposed to be a stabilizing presence among a unit that carried 3 rookies and a carousel of disaster at right tackle, but he wound up disappointing instead. Beadles wasn’t the biggest issue (right tackle was), but he certainly didn’t play up to expectations after being the Jaguars highest profile free agent acquisition.
So in comes rookie guard A.J. Cann. While the team will give Beadles every chance to keep his job, several people are expecting Cann to come in and give Beadles a run for his money. With right tackle theoretically fixed via the signing of Jermey Parnell, the main positional battles along the offensive line becomes left guard and center. Can Cann do it? We’ll see soon enough.
Next: Jaguars QBs 2nd Worst Ever
More from Black and Teal
- Former Jacksonville Jaguars S Johnathan Cyprien: “New Profession, Same Standards”
- Jacksonville Jaguars TE Evan Engram officially gets the franchise tag: 3 takeaways
- Jaguars News: The offense is in good shape for 2023
- NFL officially reinstates Jacksonville Jaguars WR Calvin Ridley: 3 immediate takeaways
- Derek Carr immediately makes Jaguars vs. Saints 2023 away game Must-Watch TV