Draft Picks Galore
The only thing I can say that is positive from all the maneuvering the team has done this offseason is the acquisition of numerous draft picks to go along with the team received in the Jalen Ramsey deal with the Los Angeles Rams.
More from Jacksonville Jaguars News
- 5 potential cap casualties the Jacksonville Jaguars should be in on in 2023
- The Jacksonville Jaguars got so lucky with the 2021 NFL Draft
- Jacksonville Jaguars opt for continuity at RB, re-sign JaMycal Hasty
- Jaguars Mock Draft: Huge trade for a WR, add more help on offense
- 3 landing spots for Jacksonville Jaguars WR Marvin Jones in 2023 NFL free agency
It should make for an interesting April.
Things ramp up a bit knowing the selection process is a little over five weeks away. Jacksonville now has 11 draft picks and what appears to be a slew of cash to spend in free agency.
This was the plan all along that general manager David Caldwell spoke of at the NFL Combine – that the team would be able to be as active in free agency as it wanted and would work to acquire the players the organization needed to compete in the AFC South.
While I am saddened by the Calais Campbell trade, it makes more sense now when I think of paying a player $15M to play two downs. His leadership and being the face of this organization is going to hurt for some time. Other Jaguars will need to step forward.
Figure the Jaguars to address their need for more size on the offensive or defensive line with the ninth overall pick and address the secondary at No. 20. After that, it’s more about finding the right players to fill major needs.