3. Josh Monteagudo (SS) – Emporia State
The hard hitting safety out of Emporia State would be a great pickup for any team willing to take a chance on him. Monteagudo transferred from Hutchinson Community College where he red-shirted, after originally committing to Ole Miss. The division two product had an impressive career at Emporia State. He is an excellent tackler, tallying 29 tackles in three games at Emporia State.
More from Jacksonville Jaguars News
- Jaguars RB Travis Etienne expected to have bigger impact in 2023
- 5 bonafide stars from the Jacksonville Jaguars 2022 season
- Jacksonville Jaguars haven’t heard any Calvin Ridley news from the NFL
- WR Marvin Jones Jr. will give 110 percent with the Jacksonville Jaguars or wherever he plays in 2023
- Jacksonville Jaguars keeping TE Evan Engram in 2023 one way or another
Monteagudo possesses the ability to both drop into coverage and deliver a powerful tackle. He is a physical safety who has no problem taking down bigger guys like tight ends and fullbacks. One thing he does a great job at is stripping the ball and creating fumbles.
He has the speed to cover fast receivers and make plays on the ball as well. Another intriguing thing about Monteagudo is his versatility. He can play Linebacker just as well as he can play safety. Whichever team picks him up will be getting a two-in-one package. He is very comfortable pressing, he loves to get his hands on receivers.
Coming from a division two school, Monteagudo will be overlooked by a lot of scouts. He would be a great late round pick and, if he goes undrafted, it won’t be long before teams start to jump on him. If given the chance, Monteagudo could be an excellent player to have for depth in the secondary. Whichever team decides to take a chance on him will definitely get their money’s worth.