Joey Bosa is probably the most talented player in the 2016 NFL Draft and yet the latest mocks have him sliding early in the first round. If this happens, the Jacksonville Jaguars would be wise to pounce immediately.
More from Jaguars Draft
- Jacksonville Jaguars fortify secondary in 4-round 2023 Post-Combine NFL Mock Draft
- The Jaguars may look for edge rushers with pick 24
- The Jacksonville Jaguars got so lucky with the 2021 NFL Draft
- Jaguars fortify OL with Jaelyn Duncan in CBS Sports’ 2023 NFL Mock Draft
- Jacksonville Jaguars don’t need to trade up in the 2023 NFL Draft to land a cornerback
, it’s important for the Jaguars to address the need at the defensive edge. Bosa can rush the passer and play well against the run, providing a complementary presence to the third overall pick from the 2015 NFL Draft, Fowler.
The pairing is almost enough to make any Jaguars fan salivate. It would be exciting to see what Fowler and Bosa could do when paired with inside players like Malik Jackson, Roy Miller, and Sen’Derrick Marks. The Jags’ defensive line would immediately be among the best in the league, young, and only going to get better. Young quarterbacks like Marcus Mariota, Brock Osweiler, and even Andrew Luck would be seeing them in their nightmares.
Bosa may not be the best fit for the Jaguars defense because of Fowler’s presence and other possibilities along the D-Line so it wouldn’t be shocking to see linebacker Myles Jack (as suggested by First Coast News’ Mike Kaye) or another player here. That said, Bosa may just be too tempting to pass up. He has rare ability and would still help the Jags immensely. If he’s available, expect Caldwell to pull the trigger.
Next: 2014's most productive linebacker slides to the Jags