Oct 26, 2014; Jacksonville, FL, USA; Jacksonville Jaguars quarterbackBlake Bortles
(5) calls out a play against the Miami Dolphins at EverBank Field. Mandatory Credit: Melina Vastola-USA TODAY Sports
More from Jacksonville Jaguars News
- 3 best landing spots for Jacksonville Jaguars TE Evan Engram if he hits free agency in 2023
- Jacksonville Jaguars keep QB room together, re-sign CJ Beathard
- Jaguars fortify OL with Jaelyn Duncan in CBS Sports’ 2023 NFL Mock Draft
- The Jacksonville Jaguars are the best team in Florida now
- Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence can become one of the best in the world
It was only a week ago when Jacksonville Jaguars fans were riding high on the hope of an opening day win against a fledgling Carolina Panthers squad that was without it’s best receiver and best defensive lineman.
How things can change over a weekend.
The Jaguars put together one of the most disappointing performances in recent history if only because expectations were finally high for the first time in 3 years. The team was expected to take a big step forward on offense with quarterback Blake Bortles entering his second season with another year to grow and develop with his young receivers.
Bortles needs to put last week’s dud behind him and prepare for a team he faced as rookie and handed him his worst performance as a pro – the Miami Dolphins.
With significantly tempered expectations, here are my rock solid predictions for the Jaguars’ week 2 game:
Next: A tight end busts out