Oct 12, 2014; Nashville, TN, USA; JJacksonville Jaguars wide receiverAllen Robinson
(15) catches a pass during warm ups prior to the game against the Tennessee Titans at LP Field. Mandatory Credit:Jim Brown
-USA TODAY Sports
Allen Robinson, WR
The offseason hype train is an unstoppable force. Last year it was spearheaded by Toby Gerhart and Johnathan Cyprien, and this year the primary victim has been second year wide receiver Allen Robinson.
There’s little reason to think Robinson won’t take a big step in year 2, but it’s always a bit unnerving to see multiple pieces hyping a player up.
Lucky for Robinson, he’s going to be facing a Carolina secondary that will likely be shorthanded:
In addition to questions in the secondary, the Panthers will be without their star defensive tackle (pun intended) and Charles Johnson just got cleared to play and might be limited in his playing time.
With Julius Thomas out for the first few games, Robinson is going to be the primary target in the passing game. Sunday will be his first chance to try and deliver on the hype that’s been building all offseason.
More from Black and Teal
- Jacksonville Jaguars land DeAndre Hopkins in trade proposal to stop the KC Chiefs
- The Jaguars may look for edge rushers with pick 24
- NFL free agency felt like a whirlwind for Jacksonville Jaguars TE Evan Engram in 2022
- Jacksonville Jaguars in position to let RT Jawaan Taylor hit free agency in 2023
- Jaguars GM Trent Baalke hopes HC Doug Pederson has trust in him