The Jags first opponent – Playing Offense against the Denver Broncos
By Terry OBrien
Baltimore Week 8. Middle of the third quarter Baltimore leads 13-7.
- R.Rice up the middle for 17 yards.
- J.Flacco pass short left to M.Clayton for 17 yards.
- J.Flacco pass short right to K.Washington for 10 yards.
- FG Good. Baltimore up 16-7.
Later in the fourth quarter;
- J.Flacco pass short left to K.Washington for 21 yards.
- J.Flacco pass deep middle to D.Mason for 20 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
- Baltimore up 23-7.
- L.McClain left end for 20 yards.
- L.McClain up the middle for 10 yards.
- R.Rice up the middle for 7 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
Baltimore ripped Denver in the second half. Baltimore won 30-7.
Steelers Week 9. Midway into the third quarter, Denver up 10-7.
- B.Roethlisberger pass deep right to M.Wallace for 18 yards.
- R.Mendenhall right end pushed ob for 24 yards.
- B.Roethlisberger pass deep right to S.Holmes for 35 yards.
- B.Roethlisberger pass short middle to H.Ward for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
- Pittsburgh up 14-10.
- Later in the fourth quarter; B.Roethlisberger pass deep middle to M.Wallace for 25 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
- R.Mendenhall left guard pushed ob for 36 yards.
- M.Moore left tackle for 12 yards.
- R.Mendenhall up the middle for 18 yards.
- B.Roethlisberger pass short right to H.Ward for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
Pittsburgh ripped Denver in the second half and went on to win 28-10.
One more look, let’s go to:
Washington Week 10. Start of the fourth quarter, Denver up 17-14.
- J.Campbell pass short middle to M.Kelly for 18 yards.
- L.Betts left tackle for 18 yards.
- R.Cartwright right end for 10 yards.
- FG Good. 17-17.
- Later in the fourth quarter; L.Betts left tackle for 11 yards.
- J.Campbell pass short right to D.Thomas for 27 yards.
- L.Betts left end for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.
The Redskins ripped Denver in the second half. Everyone ripped Denver in the second half. Washington won 27-17.
Here are some other highlights from the rest of the season:
San Diego Week 11: 13-0 San Diego at the half. Chargers 19 second half points, 12 in the 4th quarter.
- M.Tolbert up the middle for 32 yards
- L.Tomlinson left end pushed ob for 21 yards
- J.Hester up the middle for 15 yards
- San Diego wins 32-3
NY Giants Week 12: Denver dominates wins 26-6.
Kansas City Week 13: Denver dominates, wins 44-13.
Indianapolis Week 14: Indianapolis up 21-7 at the half. Colts score 7 in the 4th quarter with 2:25 left.
• Colts win 28-16
Oakland Week 15: Denver up 19-13 with 6:00 left in the 4th. Oakland scores with 0:35 left to win.
• Oakland wins 20-19
Philadelphia Week 16: Game tied with 6:00 left in the 4th. Eagles kick winning FG with 0:04 left.
- D.McNabb pass deep right to B.Celek for 47 yards, TOUCHDOWN
- D.McNabb pass deep left to J.Maclin ran ob for 27 yards
- D.McNabb scrambles left end ran ob for 27 yards.
- Eagles win 30-27
Kansas City Week 17: Game tied 10-10 at the half. Kansas City scores 34 second half points.
- Q.Lawrence left end for 26 yards
- J.Charles right end for 30 yards
- J.Charles up the middle for 56 yards, TOUCHDOWN
• Kansas City wins 44-24
In the 4 games stretch from Baltimore in week 8 to San Diego Week 11, Denver scored 37 points and allowed 117 points. As you can see, the opponents scored 77 of the 117 in the second half. Denver scored 10 points total in 4 games in the second half.