3 Jacksonville Jaguars 2021 New Year’s Resolutions
2021 will be a fresh start for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Happy New Year’s Eve, Jaguars Nation! It’s been one long and tough year for Jacksonville fans but thankfully, that year is coming to an end and we can start looking forward to 2021. Luckily, the new year gives Jacksonville a clean state, a fresh record, and a lot to look forward to.
1. Jaguars have to draft Trevor Lawrence first overall.
The most exciting bit about 2021 for Jacksonville is that they clinched the number one overall pick in the draft and are expected to take quarterback Trevor Lawrence. While the Jaguars have a lot of needs to address in the draft, there’s really no other smart option to go here other than Lawrence.
2. Jaguars hire the right head coach.
Whomever this may be, it’s hard to really say right now. There are a plethora of strong candidates from seasoned veteran coaches to young offensive- and defensive-minded individuals who have no prior head coaching experience.
It would be nice for the Jaguars to land a coordinator like Brian Daboll or Arthur Smith who have helped turned their respective offenses around, or even someone with a defensive background like Robert Saleh, who previously worked for the Jaguars as a linebackers coach.
Here are some potential candidates for Jacksonville:
- Robert Saleh – San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinator
- Brian Daboll – Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator
- Eric Bienemy – Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator
- Urban Meyer – Former Ohio State head coach
- Marvin Lewis – Former Cincinnati Bengals head coach
- Jim Caldwell – Former Detroit Lions head coach
- Joe Brady – Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator
- Arthur Smith – Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator
- Nathaniel Hackett – Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator
3. Jaguars hire the right general manager.
The Jaguars need to hire the right general manager to turn this franchise around. They need someone who has an eye for talent and is not afraid to make bold moves. Right now, the top names tied to the Jaguar’s general manager position are Jerry Reese, Trent Baalke, Rick Smith, and Louis Riddick, who all have been reportedly tied to the position.
- Jerry Reese – Former New York Giants general manager
- Trent Baalke – Jacksonville Jaguars interim general manager
- Louis Riddick – ESPN Analyst
- John Dorsey – Former Cleveland Browns and Kansas City Chiefs general manager
- Rick Smith – Former Houston Texans general manager
- Ed Dodds – Indianapolis assistant general manager
- Joe Schoen – Buffalo Bills assistant general manager
These top three resolutions may be obvious, but they are crucial. Once the Jaguars nail down their new regime, they will have the opportunity to change the culture in Jacksonville for the better. When a new coaching staff takes over, they will finally be able to implement a new plan on offense and defense to hopefully give this team an advantage over division rivals in 2021.