Can the Jacksonville Jaguars rely on players to step forward in 2020 after the front office makes several changes to the team’s roster?
The Jacksonville Jaguars roster already looks a lot different than it did just two months ago.
Players have been released because of high salary cap figures. Others have been traded for draft capital. And before free agency begins March 18, there figure to be more changes as the team tries to move forward.
More from Jacksonville Jaguars News
- Jacksonville Jaguars RT Jawaan Taylor expected to have massive market in 2023 NFL Free Agency
- Robert Tonyan could be perfect complement to Jacksonville Jaguars TE Evan Engram in 2023 NFL Free Agency
- 5 Jacksonville Jaguars dream targets in 2023 NFL Free Agency
- 3 potential trade partners for Jacksonville Jaguars CB Shaquill Griffin
- Jaguars should explore trading for Michael Thomas amid Calvin Ridley suspension
Because of these changes, players will be asked to step up once the team begins OTA’s. There are plenty of questions at several positions, which also means almost everybody is fighting for a roster spot. And while the coaching staff knows it must win now, the 53 who are given the opportunity to change the fortunes of this organization must come through when needed.
The Jaguars have had a rough two years. Lack of performance, injuries, poor coaching decisions and an overall feeling of misdirection has plagued this team.
Head coach Doug Marrone went out and made changes to his coaching staff by bringing in Jay Gruden to improve the offensive output on the field. He retained defensive coordinator Todd Wash, much to the surprise of many fans, because he felt there will be improved play in 2020.
Everything we have discussed is predicated on a “wait and see” situation. For now, the clock is ticking and everybody is on alert.
Here are three players who must take a step forward in 2020.