The Jaguars and the Panthers will face off in week 5 in an interesting matchup as both teams will be starting their backup quarterbacks due to injury.
Week 5 will feature the Jaguars taking on the 2-2 Carolina Panthers. Each team has players at quarterback that started the year as a backup but have looked impressive. The Panthers have Kyle Allen who is going to be starting once again for the Panthers as Cam Newton is still sidelined with a foot injury.
Though Gardner Minshew has been the backup the world has fallen in love with, Allen has quietly performed very well so far this season and will be on the lookout to prove himself against a solid Jacksonville defense.
More from Jacksonville Jaguars News
- Jacksonville Jaguars should welcome Derrick Henry into the kingdom
- Jaguars Rumors: Trent Baalke seems to be getting respect now
- Jaguars News: This division rival might be making a big move
- Former Jacksonville Jaguars S Johnathan Cyprien: “New Profession, Same Standards”
- Jacksonville Jaguars TE Evan Engram officially gets the franchise tag: 3 takeaways
The Jaguars are winners of two games in a row after a comeback victory against the Denver Broncos. The Panthers have also won two games in a row after defeating the Texans in a low scoring game similar to the game the Jaguars played against Houston. These teams look very similar on paper and it is tough to predict who will come away with the victory.
Both teams are playing solid football and both teams have a good amount of hype coming into this game. The Jaguars will need to be at their best in order to prove the last two weeks are not just flukes and that they are a legitimately good football team.
In order for Jacksonville to come away with a victory here are the four Jaguars players to watch this week.