The Jacksonville Jaguars are still reeling from their brutal 16-13 loss to the Indianapolis Colts, but the bad news keeps piling on. The Jaguars placed their best offensive lineman in Brandon Linder on season-ending injured reserve.
Linder suffered a labral tear in practice before the Jaguars week 3 blowout loss the New England Patriots and it’s quite likely Linder aggravated that injury during the game. He’ll have surgery and spend the rest of the 2015 season rehabbing.
Injuries happen in the NFL, but it appears to be happening to an astonishing rate to the Jaguars top players. It is frustrating, but good teams overcome injuries… even bad ones do. The Jaguars just lost to the Colts without Andrew Luck.
The Jaguars have struggled mightily on offense this season, once again barely cracking 15 points per game through four weeks. Linder and Jermey Parnell anchored one of the few bright spots on the Jaguars offense, allowing the team to occasionally run the ball and protecting Blake Bortles with encouraging consistency. Linder being out is a huge blow for this team and A.J. Cann has some big shoes to fill.
Linder is one of general manager David Caldwell‘s best draft pick in his 3 years at the helm and Linder had/has the look of a Pro Bowl guard. Hopefully he gets completely healthy and comes back strong in 2016.
More from Black and Teal
- Jacksonville Jaguars should welcome Derrick Henry into the kingdom
- Jaguars Rumors: Trent Baalke seems to be getting respect now
- Bold trade proposal has Jacksonville Jaguars shipping LT Cam Robinson
- Jaguars News: This division rival might be making a big move
- Former Jacksonville Jaguars S Johnathan Cyprien: “New Profession, Same Standards”