Oct 26, 2014; Jacksonville, FL, USA; Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles (5) calls out a play against the Miami Dolphins at EverBank Field. Mandatory Credit: Melina Vastola-USA TODAY Sports
Blake Bortles and Ryan Tannehill will square off against each other in Week 2 when the Jacksonville Jaguars play host to the Miami Dolphins.
With just a day to go until the game, we’ll take a look at the quarterback duel that will likely be a highlight.
More from Jacksonville Jaguars News
- Jacksonville Jaguars TE Evan Engram officially gets the franchise tag: 3 takeaways
- Jaguars News: The offense is in good shape for 2023
- NFL officially reinstates Jacksonville Jaguars WR Calvin Ridley: 3 immediate takeaways
- Derek Carr immediately makes Jaguars vs. Saints 2023 away game Must-Watch TV
- Jacksonville Jaguars fortify secondary in 4-round 2023 Post-Combine NFL Mock Draft
Quarterbacks in the NFL play a disproportionate role in the success of a football team. There are 11 players on each side on the field at any one time, but it’s the quarterback who really dictates how the game will go. Both Bortles and Tannehill are up-and-coming players at the quarterback position and 2015 could be a coming out party for both.
I’ve hammered away at the need to harass Ryan Tannehill all week. I think he’s the weak link that the Jaguars need to exploit and with some talented pass rushers, there’s a real chance that the Jaguars are able to take advantage.
In this piece, we’ll examine the two quarterbacks independent of their teams, though.
Both Blake Bortles and Ryan Tannehill can take control of this game. Which of them will step up in Week 2? Which of them will continue to struggle?
Next: A true test for Blake Bortles