Amidst some very exciting moments during Saturday night’s scrimmage, the one cloud hanging overhead at the end of the night was an injury to second round pick T.J. Yeldon.
Yeldon showed plenty of burst and vision during the exhibition, giving fans reason to get excited about the product from Alabama. He came out at the end of the night with a wrap around his hand, making a lot people worry about his status. Fortunately, the assumed starting running back only had a sprained finger:
The injury shouldn’t limit Yeldon much moving forward, but I would expect the team to take it easy on the young running back to make sure he’s healthy for the regular season. Depending on how the injury comes along, we might see Yeldon in the more important preseason games (weeks 2 and 3).
It’s not ideal since he will miss some practice time, but it’s much better than a broken hand or something more serious. It would have been unfathomable bad luck if the Jaguars had lost their second round pick to a significant injury after seeing first round pick Dante Fowler Jr. go down in rookie minicamp with a torn ACL.
More from Black and Teal
- Jacksonville Jaguars should welcome Derrick Henry into the kingdom
- Jaguars Rumors: Trent Baalke seems to be getting respect now
- Bold trade proposal has Jacksonville Jaguars shipping LT Cam Robinson
- Jaguars News: This division rival might be making a big move
- Former Jacksonville Jaguars S Johnathan Cyprien: “New Profession, Same Standards”