In somewhat of a surprise, the Jaguars did not have all of their players report to training camp. Veteran defensive end Chris Clemons was the lone Jaguar to not show up on Thursday:
Head coach Gus Bradley has been in contact with Clemons and he doesn’t see this being an extended problem, but it is somewhat concerning given what the Jaguars have in their LEO rotation.
"Just talked to him again this morning. Talked to him last night. So we’ll see how it goes. Hopefully we come up with a decision to speed this up a little bit quicker. I don’t foresee this as a situation where it’s extended.– Head coach Gus Bradley"
Despite amassing 8 sacks last season, Clemons was fairly inconsistent and disappeared for long stretches in 2014. Still, Clemons is going to be relied upon just as heavily to produce a pass rush due to the unfortunate injury first round pick Dante Fowler Jr. suffered in the first practice of rookie minicamp.
After missing all of the voluntary workouts earlier in the offseason, it’s worrisome to see Clemons absent again. Hopefully he gets his personal affairs figured out soon – the Jaguars absolutely need him heading in 2015.
More from Black and Teal
- Jaguars News: Don’t expect them to be pursuing free agents
- Jacksonville Jaguars unlikely to pursue Carson Wentz despite Doug Pederson connection
- Jaguars RB Travis Etienne expected to have bigger impact in 2023
- 5 bonafide stars from the Jacksonville Jaguars 2022 season
- Jacksonville Jaguars haven’t heard any Calvin Ridley news from the NFL