In what is arguably the most important news of the offseason, player ratings are finally starting to come out for the upcoming Madden NFL 16 video game.
Despite some horrific luck in tearing his ACL during his first practice with the Jacksonville Jaguars, third overall pick Dante Fowler Jr. is featured as one of the premier rookies in this year’s iteration of the popular football game. Considered by most to be the best pass rusher in the draft class and probably the best overall defensive player, it’s not surprising to see Fowler receive a 79 overall grade. Generally rookies are capped around 80 for their overall grade since they haven’t played a down of professional football and it’s based purely on projection. Here are the grades for the rest of the players selected in the top 10.
- Amari Cooper, WR, OAK – 82 OVR
- Jameis Winston, QB, TB – 81 OVR
- Todd Gurley, RB, STL – 80 OVR
- Leonard Williams, DL, NYJ – 80 OVR
- Brandon Scherff, OL, WAS – 80 OVR
- Dante Fowler Jr., DE, JAX – 79 OVR
- Melvin Gordon, RB, SD – 78 OVR
- Kevin White, WR, CHI – 78 OVR
- Marcus Mariota, QB, TEN – 78 OVR
- Vic Beasley Jr., DE, ATL – 77 OVR
Cooper was touted as a polished, final product coming out of Alabama so it makes sense that he would have the highest grade among the rookies. The same goes for Jameis Winston, a rookie who has the advantage of having played in pro-style offense in college.
It’s not clear whether or not Fowler’s rating takes into account his ACL tear, but it’s likely that this is his rating regardless of his season-ending injury. At least we can take some solace in the fact that we can still see Fowler take the field for the Jaguars in a digital world, even though he won’t make an impact with the team in the real world in 2015.
More from Black and Teal
- Jacksonville Jaguars TE Evan Engram officially gets the franchise tag: 3 takeaways
- Jaguars News: The offense is in good shape for 2023
- NFL officially reinstates Jacksonville Jaguars WR Calvin Ridley: 3 immediate takeaways
- Derek Carr immediately makes Jaguars vs. Saints 2023 away game Must-Watch TV
- Jacksonville Jaguars fortify secondary in 4-round 2023 Post-Combine NFL Mock Draft