The Jacksonville Jaguars haven’t had a strong showing in recent years on NFL Network’s top 100 list. Outside of Maurice Jones-Drew a few years ago, there hasn’t really been a player with the kind of productivity or national popularity needed to appear on the list.
The Jaguars have managed to sneak a second player onto the rankings thanks to the wonder that is free agency acquisition. Tight end Julius Thomas just made his appearance on the list at number 45:
This isn’t surprising, given that Thomas had one of the most productive seasons of any tight end last year. Despite being limited for most of the second half of the season by injuries, Thomas managed to amass 12 touchdowns in 2014, to make it an even 24 touchdowns over the last 2 seasons. Some analysts have used the age-old “he was made by Peyton Manning” qualifier when assessing Thomas’ success over the past 2 seasons, but he has undeniably shown himself to be one of the most athletic and explosive players at his position.
The hope is that Thomas will live up to his billing in Jacksonville as one of the best tight ends in the league, and consequently he’ll show up on this list again in 2015.
More from Black and Teal
- Jacksonville Jaguars land DeAndre Hopkins in trade proposal to stop the KC Chiefs
- The Jaguars may look for edge rushers with pick 24
- NFL free agency felt like a whirlwind for Jacksonville Jaguars TE Evan Engram in 2022
- Jacksonville Jaguars in position to let RT Jawaan Taylor hit free agency in 2023
- Jaguars GM Trent Baalke hopes HC Doug Pederson has trust in him