The Jacksonville Jaguars have made some moves to restructure the front office, with the most prominent name officially joining the staff being former New York Jets general manager John Idzik.
Hired as a salary cap consultant in February to help with the very active free agency period, Idzik was much maligned during his time as the Jets GM. While his ability to evaluate talent is questionable, he did an admirable job of repairing the salary cap disaster he inherited.
After helping out the Jaguars with their numerous free agent acquisitions, Idzik officially joined the franchise as the special assistant to general manager David Caldwell. In addition helping with the salary cap, Idzik will have more of a role in player personnel. While that last part isn’t exactly exciting, I doubt Idzik will have much of a say in evaluating talent. He’s very good at managing the financial pitfalls some GM’s tend to stumble into, but he didn’t inspire too much confidence in his draft selections during his time in New York.
The Jaguars made some other restructuring moves, promoting Chris Polian from director of pro scouting to director of player personnel and Chris Driggers from pro scout to director of pro personnel.
More from Black and Teal
- Jacksonville Jaguars should welcome Derrick Henry into the kingdom
- Jaguars Rumors: Trent Baalke seems to be getting respect now
- Bold trade proposal has Jacksonville Jaguars shipping LT Cam Robinson
- Jaguars News: This division rival might be making a big move
- Former Jacksonville Jaguars S Johnathan Cyprien: “New Profession, Same Standards”