After the Tennessee Titans put the draft on it’s head by selecting Marcus Mariota with the second overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars wasted no time in turning in their pick. Ultimately, general manager David Caldwell decided the best player and the best fit for the Jaguars was defensive end Dante Fowler Jr. out of Florida. As expected, Twitter reacted swiftly…
The speed with which the Jaguars made their selection did not go unnoticed:
The Jacksonville media was mostly surprised:
Some of the fans were apathetic to say the least:
The media was somewhat torn on the selection, but for the most part the immediate reviews were positive.
Time will tell whether or not the Jaguars made the right selection, but some are already saying the Jaguars will end up regretting the pick:
At the end of the day, all that really mattered was the undeniable fashion statement Fowler made walking into the draft.
More from Black and Teal
- Former Jacksonville Jaguars S Johnathan Cyprien: “New Profession, Same Standards”
- Jacksonville Jaguars TE Evan Engram officially gets the franchise tag: 3 takeaways
- Jaguars News: The offense is in good shape for 2023
- NFL officially reinstates Jacksonville Jaguars WR Calvin Ridley: 3 immediate takeaways
- Derek Carr immediately makes Jaguars vs. Saints 2023 away game Must-Watch TV