More from Jacksonville Jaguars News
- Jacksonville Jaguars should welcome Derrick Henry into the kingdom
- Jaguars Rumors: Trent Baalke seems to be getting respect now
- Jaguars News: This division rival might be making a big move
- Former Jacksonville Jaguars S Johnathan Cyprien: “New Profession, Same Standards”
- Jacksonville Jaguars TE Evan Engram officially gets the franchise tag: 3 takeaways
With the Super Bowl in our rearview mirror, it’s time to shift all the focus onto the NFL offseason. With free agency and then the 2015 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars have plenty of opportunities to raise their overall talent level and try to improve on their 2014 win total.
The Jaguars have an embarrassing amount of cap space heading into the offseason, and most expect general manager David Caldwell to be extremely aggressive, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Conversely, the Jaguars need to add more youth on the defensive side of the ball, so expect them to focus there in the draft.
Here are the dates to keep an eye on as the Jaguars delve into the offseason:
- Feb. 16: First day for clubs to designate franchise or transition players.
- Feb. 17-23: NFL Scouting Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis
- March 2: Deadline (before 4 p.m. ET) for clubs to designate franchise or transition players.
- March 10: 2015 league year and free agency period begin at 4 p.m. ET. All clubs must be under the 2015 salary cap before 4 p.m. ET.
- March 22-25: Annual meeting, Phoenix
- April 24: Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets
- April 29: Deadline for prior club to exercise right of first refusal to restricted free agents.
- April 30-May 2: NFL draft, Chicago
- May 8-11: First weekend after draft: Clubs may elect to hold their three-day post-draft rookie mini-camp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.
- May 15-18: Second weekend after draft: Clubs may elect to hold their three-day post-draft rookie mini-camp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.
- May 18-20: NFL spring league meeting, San Francisco
- June 21-27: Rookie Symposium, Aurora, Ohio.