The Jacksonville Jaguars have ruled out receiver Zay Jones (knee) for Sunday’s Week 3 matchup with the Houston Texans.
With Jones out, the Jaguars are likely going to lean heavily on Calvin Ridley and Christian Kirk in what is a very winnable game on Sunday.
Zay Jones injury status for Week game against Houston Texans
Zay Jones has been ruled out for Week 3 against Houston with a knee injury.
Best Jacksonville Jaguars prop bet with Zay Jones out in Week 3
Christian Kirk OVER 56.5 receiving yards
Christian Kirk may be the primary beneficiary of Jones missing this game.
Calvin Ridley is going to see looks in this offense no matter what, but it was Kirk who stepped up big time in Week 2, catching 11 passes for 110 yards. He only made one catch in Week 1, but I don’t expect that to be the norm.
With Jones out, Kirk, Ridley and Evan Engram are all solid targets in the prop market. I think Kirk’s ability to reel in a bunch of short passes helps him in this prop, and I’ll target him to stay in Trevor Lawrence’s eyesight on Sunday.
No matter how you plan to wager on this game, DraftKings Sportsbook has a great offer for new users.
If you sign up with the link below, you’ll be eligible for $200 in bonus bets and $150 in no-sweat bets if you deposit and wager $5 on any game!
Zay Jones injury history
Jones does not have a lengthy injury history, so hopefully his knee issue isn't something that will linger in the 2023 season.
- Aug. 2017: Shoulder Labrum Tear – played through whole season with injury
- Nov. 2017: Knee Strain Grade 1 – missed one game
- Sept. 2022: Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull – missed one game
When is Zay Jones coming back?
Jones’ next chance to return to the lineup would be against the Atlanta Falcons on Oct. 1.
Jacksonville Jaguars next 5 opponents
- Atlanta Falcons, Sunday, Oct. 1
- Buffalo Bills, Sunday, Oct. 8
- Indianapolis Colts, Sunday, Oct. 15
- New Orleans Saints, Thursday, Oct. 19
- Pittsburgh Steelers, Sunday, Oct. 29
Jacksonville Jaguars injury report
- Josh Allen – questionable, shoulder
- Foley Fatukasi – questionable, shoulder
- Antonio Johnson – out, hamstring
- Zay Jones – out, knee
- Andrew Wingard – questionable, shoulder
Houston Texans injury report
- Denzel Perryman – out, hand/wrist
- Jalen Pitre – out, chest
- Derek Stingley Jr. – out, hamstring
- Tavierre Thomas – out, hand
- Laremy Tunsil – questionable, knee
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Find Peter Dewey's betting record here.