For the second straight week, it appears that the Jacksonville Jaguars won’t have a key piece of their offense.
Wide receiver Zay Jones reportedly is a “long shot” to play in Week 4 against the Atlanta Falcons in London. Jones missed the Jags’ Week 3 loss against the Houston Texans with a knee injury.
If Jones sits, Calvin Ridley, Christian Kirk and Evan Engram will be leaned on even more in the passing game. Last week, it was Engram (seven catches, 67 yards) who led the team in receiving.
Zay Jones injury status for Week 4 game against Atlanta Falcons
Zay Jones is currently listed as day-to-day, but it appears he is unlikely to play in Week 4 against the Falcons.
Update: Zay Jones has already been ruled out for Sunday's bout.
Best Jacksonville Jaguars prop bet with Zay Jones out in Week 4
Evan Engram OVER 46.5 receiving yards
This is an absolute bargain for Engram in Week 4, as he’s cleared 46.5 receiving yards in all three of his games this season.
Two of those games came with Jones in the lineup, but the Jaguars tight end has been consistently targeted, seeing 21 looks and making 18 catches through the first three weeks of the season.
Now, he gets to take on an Atlanta defense that let rookie Sam LaPorta run wild in Week 3 (eight catches, 84 yards and a touchdown). The Jaguars’ offense needs to get back on track, and I think getting the ball to Engram is a good way to start.
No matter how you plan to wager on this game, DraftKings Sportsbook has a great offer for new users.
If you sign up with the link below, you’ll be eligible for $200 in bonus bets and $150 in no-sweat bets if you deposit and wager $5 on any game!
Zay Jones injury history
Jones does not have a lengthy injury history, and he’s already missed one game with this season’s knee injury.
- Aug. 2017: Shoulder Labrum Tear – played through whole season with injury
- Nov. 2017: Knee Strain Grade 1 – missed one game
- Sept. 2022: Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull – missed one game
When is Zay Jones coming back?
With Jones looking unlikely to play in Week 4, his next chance to return will come in Week 5 against the Buffalo Bills on Sunday, Oct. 8.
Jacksonville Jaguars next 5 opponents
- Buffalo Bills, Sunday, Oct. 8
- Indianapolis Colts, Sunday, Oct. 15
- New Orleans Saints, Thursday, Oct. 19
- Pittsburgh Steelers, Sunday, Oct. 29
- San Francisco 49ers, Sunday, Nov. 12
Jacksonville Jaguars injury report
- Josh Allen – Limited Thursday
- Foley Fatukasi – Limited Thursday
- Antonio Johnson – Limited Thursday
- Zay Jones – DNP Thursday
- Andrew Wingard – Limited Thursday
- Devin Lloyd – DNP Thursday
- Jamal Agnew – Limited Thursday
- Anton Harrison – Limited Thursday
Atlanta Falcons injury report
- Josh Ali – DNP Thursday
- Calais Campbell – DNP Thursday
- Cordarrelle Patterson – Limited Thursday
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Find Peter Dewey's betting record here.