The Jacksonville Jaguars finished the 2020 season with a 1-15 but that’s not a bad thing when you take into account that inability to win games helped them clinch the first overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.
Of course, one of the reasons the Jags struggled to win games in 2020 was the dearth of talent on the roster, which is why it was critical for them to nail most of their draft picks last year. Here’s a list of all the picks the team made:
Here’s a list of all the Jaguars’ draft picks in the 2021 NFL Draft
- Trevor Lawrence, QB, No. 1 (first round)
- Travis Etienne, RB, No. 25 (first round)
- Tyson Campbell, No. 33 (second round)
- Walker Little, OT, No. 45 (second round)
- Andre Cisco, S, No. 65 (third round)
- Jay Tufele, DT, 106 (fourth round)
- Jordan Smith, OLB, No. 121 (fourth round)
- Luke Farrell, TE, No. 145 (fifth round)
- Jalen Camp, WR, No. 209 (sixth round)
Keep in mind that Jalen Camp didn’t make the Jaguars’ 53-man roster last year and is currently with the Houston Texans. On the other hand, Jay Tufele was waved before the start of the 2022 season and is now an important piece on the Cincinnati Bengals’ defensive line rotation.
Jordan Smith was a healthy scratch throughout most of his rookie campaign and is currently out for the year after suffering a knee injury in the offseason. But how is the rest of the Jags’ 2021 draft class? How have they fared and who’s currently their biggest difference-maker? Here’s a ranking of all the picks that are currently on the roster.