Every game is important, but some games tend to have more meaning than others. These are the three most anticipated games for the Jaguars this season.
Heading into the next season, the Jaguars have a tough schedule with plenty of games that could go either way on paper. Each game is important, and it is always key to treat each team with the same amount of respect.
Teams get caught sleeping by less talented teams and struggle because they did not take the game seriously enough. For the Jaguars, it seems a target has been removed from their back this season, which means teams could be in danger of underestimating them.
The new season is almost upon us and Jacksonville’s fans can now look forward to scouting their opponents. The new season always brings new excitement and a new sense of hope for every team.
More from Jacksonville Jaguars News
- NFL Combine 2023: Jacksonville Jaguars HC Doug Pederson and Trent Baalke will speak on Tuesday
- Jalin Hyatt named dream target for Jacksonville Jaguars in 2023 NFL Draft
- 5 potential cap casualties the Jacksonville Jaguars should be in on in 2023
- The Jacksonville Jaguars got so lucky with the 2021 NFL Draft
- Jacksonville Jaguars opt for continuity at RB, re-sign JaMycal Hasty
Here are the three most anticipated games for the Jaguars going into next season.
1. Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars (Week 1) – Not only is this the first game of the season, but it is against one of the best teams in the NFL. In order for a team to win games, confidence and momentum have to be built. The Jaguars played Kansas City last season and the final score wasn’t pretty. However, Tyreek Hill will not be available to play Week 1 due to suspension. Kareem Hunt, who was also suspended, was cut by Kansas City due to an off the field altercation. Those unfortunate situations play in Jacksonville’s favor as the Chiefs will be missing two of their best playmakers on offense.
This game is very important because if Jacksonville can bring home the win in Duval County, it will carry over some much-needed momentum going into the next two divisional games against Houston and Tennessee.
2. New Orleans Saints @ Jacksonville Jaguars (Week 6) – Much like the Kansas City game, this game against the New Orleans Saints will prove to be a tough test for the Jaguars. The Saints are coming into this season as one of the best teams in the league. This will be one of the games that prove if Jacksonville is a legit threat in the AFC.
The early part of the season will be a challenge and could hold many possible twists, but there is a chance that Jacksonville comes into this game undefeated. Facing off against top competition is always going to allow for a team to get better.
This game can serve as a nice test to see just where Jacksonville ranks among other NFL teams closing in on the midway point of the year.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars @ Atlanta Falcons (Week 16) – This game may not be the first game that pops out when looking over the Jaguars schedule, but hear me out.
The Falcons and Jaguars are both teams who could potentially be fighting for playoff spots. With only two games left, this is going to be a critical late-season matchup that could determine the fate of both teams postseason hopes.
To go along with the exciting stakes that are on the line is a much-anticipated matchup of top wide receiver Julio Jones of the Falcons and our very own cornerback Jalen Ramsey. These kind of games within the game are always interesting to watch, and it should make for a fun matchup.