The 2017 NFL Draft produced many key players when it comes to fantasy football.
The 2017 NFL Draft came and went, and now there is no football to look forward to until the NFL season gets under way. But for the die-hard fans already thinking about fantasy football, here are my top rookies at each (fantasy) position and what I expect from them in the 2017 season and beyond.
- Deshaun Watson-Houston Texans
- Patrick Mahomes-Kansas City Chiefs
- Deshone Kizer-Cleveland Browns
- Mitchell Trubisky-Chicago Bears
The only rookie quarterback I would take in a fantasy draft in 2017 is Deshaun Watson. Watson has the skillset to step into the starting role immediately in Houston and could thrive with excellent weapons all over their offense. The rest of these quarterbacks figure to start the season on the bench but could all become the starter sometime in 2017.
- Christian McCaffrey-Carolina Panthers
- Dalvin Cook-Minnesota Vikings
- Leonard Fournette-Jacksonville Jaguars
- Marlon Mack-Indianapolis Colts
- Samaje Perine-Washington Redskins
The running back position was loaded in 2017 and all of these players should make a fantasy impact immediately. I wouldn’t be surprised if the top three players on this list ended up being drafted in the first two rounds of fantasy drafts, and I expect McCaffrey to take the fantasy world by storm, especially in PPR leagues. McCaffrey can do it all, he’ll run the ball, line up as a receiver, catch passes out of the backfield and return kicks. I wouldn’t be surprised if he finishes the season as the top player in fantasy.
- Corey Davis-Tennessee Titans
- Mike Williams-San Diego Chargers
- JuJu Smith-Schuster-Pittsburgh Steelers
- John Ross-Cincinnati Bengals
- Curtis Samuel-Carolina Panthers
I am especially fond of Corey Davis out of this group, he is the only receiver who will take on a true number one role right off the bat. Mike Williams could surprise in the event of another Keenan Allen injury, but the rest of these guys are number two options at best on their respective teams.
- David Njoku-Cleveland Browns
- J. Howard-Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Evan Engram-New York Giants
- Adam Shaheen-Chicago Bears
- Jonnu Smith-Tennessee Titans
Another position that was loaded with talent in this draft class, all of these guys will make an instant impact in the league. I am a big fan of Njoku as he will be one of the only weapons in Cleveland. Njoku is an athletic freak who can make plays with the ball in his hands, whichever quarterback starts for Cleveland will love this guy. Evan Engram is another one of my favorite players in this draft he should be able to work the seams for the Giants as Odell Beckham and Brandon Marshall work the outsides, the Giants have no shortage of talent heading into 2017.