Jaguars to Fans – We’re too busy for you!
By Terry OBrien
So where is our press conference? Around the league, in every NFL city that let the coach or GM go, the President/CEO or owner spoke to the fans. Every one except one, the Jaguars.
Shack Harris never spoke to the media. Gene Smith never spoke to the media. Does anyone know who Mark Lamping is or what he looks like? Mark Lamping is the Jaguar President. Ever hear from him? Where is the Shahid Kahn press conference? All we get is John Oehser guessing at what is happening. Unlike other NFL teams who post who they are interviewing on their web site, we get NOTHING!
Here is a run down across the league and what we should expect as fans:
- · Jimmy Haslam and Joe Banner talk to the media on December 31, 2012
- · Buffalo Bills President/CEO Russ Brandon holds a press conference January 1
- · Bears general manager Phil Emery spent nearly an hour Tuesday speaking to the media about Monday’s dismissal of Lovie Smith as well as the search process for a new head coach.
Kansas City Chiefs
- · CEO Clark Hunt sits for an interview with the team web site on December 31
- · Team Chairman/CEO Jeffrey Juries talks about the ending of the winningest coach in Eagles’ history
- · Team President Michael Bidwill addresses the local media after relieving coach Ken Whisenhunt and GM Rod Graves of their duties December 31.
Do you get my point? We hear “The fans showed up for us”, but does anyone show up for the fans? NO!!! This silent treatment from the Jaguar organization is not what a good NFL team does to loyal fans. It is treating us like we don’t matter, until it is time to buy tickets. Hey Jaguar organization, pay attention!!!
– Terry O’Brien