I did the best I could to find the goofiest lookin’ picture of Mel Kiper possible. How’d I do? He has magnificent hair. Anyways I couldn’t help myself. All the cool kids were doing mocks. Here it goes…
4. Trent Richardson, Running Back, Alabama: The Browns’ entire offense was painful to watch last year. Yes, even more painful than our beloved Jaguars. At least we have a running back…a great one at that. The Madden curse struck hard last year, but fortunately for Cleveland, they now have Richardson.
5. Morris Claiborne, Cornerback, LSU: Claiborne is hands down the best cornerback in the draft. Need I say more? Big things were expected from this defense last year. They came up short. Tampa is hoping to meet those expectations this year, and with this pick their chances just got a lot better.
7. Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina: Let’s face it, while Jacksonville’s defense finished in the top 10, our pass defense needs help. Ingram vastly improves our pass rush and in turn improves our pass defense. Ingram is the best pass rusher in the draft. Nuff Said.
11. Luke Kuechley, LB, Boston College: The Chiefs take the smartest linebacker on the board, the safe pick, and their defense automatically makes a drastic improvement. Kuechley brings a level of discipline and intelligence to this defense.
17. Dre Kirkpatrick, Cornerback, Alabama: BOLD isn’t it? Three Bama defenders drafted back to back to back! Bengals should regret letting Joseph go, and Kirkpatrick is just the guy to fill that void…plus everyone knows Cincy is down with cannibus.
18. David DeCastro, Guard, Stanford: I believe that Mr. Jason Love and I are in agreement…DeCastro slides all the way down to 18. He’s the best interior prospect since Steve Hutchinson in 2001, but unfortunately he doesn’t play a premium position hence the slide.
20. Stephon Gilmore, Cornerback, South Carolina: This guy is becoming very popular as of late, and I can see why. The Titans are thrilled he slid down this far, and he will become a nice replacement for Finnegan. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Mr. Love picked him here too.
22. Mark Barron, SS, Alabama: Cleveland actually has a very good pass defense. Barron will be a good addition to the secondary. They make a make a strong area of their game even stronger. Yes, the Browns will get 2 Alabama prospects. BOLD.
24. Jonathan Martin, Tackle, Stanford: He’s the best remaining tackle on the board, and the Steelers make the rare mistake of drafting based on need. Martin has been sliding as of late, but Big Ben needs better protection. That O-Line HAS been falling apart…
29. Janoris Jenkins,Cornerback, North Alabama: They drafted a troubled cornerback with talent last year…why not again this year? Jenkins really is a first round talent, and Baltimore is just the place for him.
Who knows what will happen on draft night? That’s my best guess at how the chips will fall, and your guess is as good as mine. I didn’t include any trades (which will come back to haunt me I’m sure) but I was just playing it safe. After all this is my first mock draft, so please be gentle.
-David R. Johns