Listen to any and all trade offers
I know this is gonna sound a little odd after what I just wrote, but hear me out. Jaguars needed as many good players on the roster as possible. They still need playmakers and big uglies up front. Accruing draft capital is something that worked for this team in the early years of their existence. It could factor into their success in their future as well.
More from Jaguars Draft
- Jacksonville Jaguars fortify secondary in 4-round 2023 Post-Combine NFL Mock Draft
- The Jaguars may look for edge rushers with pick 24
- The Jacksonville Jaguars got so lucky with the 2021 NFL Draft
- Jaguars fortify OL with Jaelyn Duncan in CBS Sports’ 2023 NFL Mock Draft
- Jacksonville Jaguars don’t need to trade up in the 2023 NFL Draft to land a cornerback
This is a fairly deep draft we’re moving up or down a couple of spaces that could prove to be beneficial for Caldwell, Baalke, and Marrone. I don’t see them potentially moving up unless they feel the need to grab Simmons immediately. Another player they may look at with the intention of trading forward is Auburn defensive lineman Derrick Brown.
But I do see a couple of scenarios where the quarterbacks factor into the early part of the first round and Jacksonville is able to move down a couple of spaces which would allow them to pick up extra draft capital and they could still get the player they desire.