Oct 18, 2015; Jacksonville, FL, USA; Jacksonville Jaguars tight end Julius Thomas (80) celebrates a touchdown reception during the second half of a football game against the Houston Texans at EverBank Field. Houston won 31-20. Mandatory Credit: Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports
3. Get the ball to Julius Thomas
There is no better security blanket for a young quarterback then their tight end and Blake Bortles is lucky to have a great player at that position. Julius Thomas is the Jacksonville Jaguars most prized possession on offense and now that he is fully healthy, it’s time to treat him like it. Thomas had a big impact in last week’s game, finishing the contest with seven receptions for 78 yards and a touchdown. However, Blake Bortles tried to force the ball to Julius Thomas at times and that lead to two of his three interceptions. This will be the third start for Thomas so hopefully he and Blake Bortles will have the kinks worked out and there won’t be as many miscues.
This should be a pretty favorable matchup for Thomas – the Bills have struggled to defend tight ends so far this season, giving up the ninth most fantasy points to tight ends in the NFL. If Julius Thomas can make a solid impact on Sunday then it will force the defense to key on him a little more and this could open some plays down field for Allen Hurns or Allen Robinson.
Jacksonville is 0-2 in London games so far and if they want to earn their first overseas victory then they will need to win the turnover battle, pressure the quarterback and get the ball to Julius Thomas.
More from Black and Teal
- Jaguars Rumors: Trent Baalke seems to be getting respect now
- Bold trade proposal has Jacksonville Jaguars shipping LT Cam Robinson
- Jaguars News: This division rival might be making a big move
- Former Jacksonville Jaguars S Johnathan Cyprien: “New Profession, Same Standards”
- Jacksonville Jaguars TE Evan Engram officially gets the franchise tag: 3 takeaways