Once the 2014 NFL Draft came to a close, the Jacksonville Jaguars turned their attention to signing Undrafted Free Agents. There have been a lot of rumors and unofficial reports about who the team had signed, but now the list has become official.
JAGUARS 2014 UDFA’S:
- Stephen Morris – QB, Miami
- Jeff Budzien – K, Northwestern
- Terrance Cobb – RB, University of Cumberlands
- DeAndre Coleman – DT, California
- Damian Copeland – WR, Louisville
- Trevor Gillette – LS, Rice
- Ricky Havili-Heimuli – DT, Oregon
- Allen Hurns – WR, Miami
- Marcel Jensen – TE, Fresno State
- Reggie Jordan – TE, Missouri Western State
- Craig Loston – S, LSU
- Rashaad Reynolds – CB, Oregon State
- Tyler Shatley – G, Clemson
- DJ Tialavea – TE, Utah State
- Josh Wells – T, James Madison
- Marcus Whitfield – LB, Maryland
- Chad Zinchini – P, Tennessee Tech
In order to make room for all the signees, the team released six players, including Will Rackley. Rackley has often been seen attempting to play guard for the Jags the past several years, but usually failing miserably. The other five cuts were Jeremy Ebert, Stephen Williams, Shaun Chapas, Drake Nevis and Delone Carter.
If I had to pick three of the UDFA’s that I think have the best chance of making the final roster, I’d guess Coleman, Hurns and Reynolds. I think Morris has a chance at the 3rd quarterback position, if the team decides to keep that many.
What do you guys think of the signings?