With just a few hours remaining until the 2014 NFL Draft gets underway, now seems like the right time to post some predictions that we can all look back at and laugh about once the draft is over. For all the information regarding tonight’s draft kickoff including TV times, streaming information and a list of the 1st round picks, go here.
Here are my five crazy Jaguars predictions that will probably all be wrong:
- The Jaguars will trade down from the number three pick – Dave Caldwell has made it no secret that he would like to acquire a few more picks in this draft. I believe the Jaguars can move down a couple of spots(Atlanta at 6, Buffalo at 9 and Detroit at 10 are the rumored possibilities) and collect a few more picks while still getting a quality player.
- The Jaguars will draft a quarterback in the 1st round – After moving down a couple of spots, I have a gut-feeling that the Jags will select either Louisville’s Teddy Bridgewater or Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel. I would be thrilled with either one of them.
- Marcus Martin will be a Jaguar – Again, nothing more than a gut-feeling, but I think the highly touted center from USC will be a target for Jacksonville. If Dave Caldwell can move down in the 1st and pick up another 2nd rounder, that will really open up this possibility.
- At least three of the players that the Jags coached in the Senior Bowl will become their draft picks – I think you could really see this come to fruition in the later rounds. Keep an eye on guys like Kyle Van Noy, Telvin Smith, Crockett Gillmore and Kevin Norwood.
- The Jaguars fans will make more noise than Jets fans attending the draft – Ok, so this isn’t really a prediction, but I did want to give a shout-out to the 100+ Bold City Brigade members that will be at Radio City Music Hall tonight. The Jaguars organization had a special sendoff for the group yesterday morning at the airport, and then picked up the tab for the first hour of the group’s festivities at Legends Bar in NYC. The BCB and Jaguars fans will be well represented tonight, and they will be loud, proud and of course bold.
It should be a fun and wild ride for the next few days, folks. Make sure you stick with Black and Teal throughout the event for all your Jaguars coverage. Enjoy the draft!