With a victory over a bitter division rival (that’s three in a row, Colt nation!) the Jags are riding high. They proved that their offense doesn’t need to just plod along (that Cecil Shorts has game) and that the defense isn’t nearly as bad as it was last week agains the Texans. Sure, the team is 1-2, but one of those games was a wicked close heartbreaker in overtime to the team that just offed the might 49ers. Can the team continue to play games close and keep winning? Better question, does it matter?
Winning is winning and right now the Jags just need to focus on that. What they did Sunday was improbable – it’s rare to get a catch-and-run like that late in the game. They should celebrate it.
Here are some things to celebrate:
- Maurice Jones-Drew is a juggernaut
- Cecil Shorts has big play potential
- Blaine Gabbert can be clutch when needed
- The defense is actually good with a strong secondary back
- Bob Bratkowski know how to play call for an advantage later
- Jacksonville is one win closer to the 5-11 mark they had last year
What else was there to celebrate? I’m certain I missed a fair bit. But for now I’m just going to continue to smile and enjoy beating the Colts one more time. Because right now there’s nothing that can slow down what the Jags have done (at least not in my head). The Jags shouldn’t let anything distract them from the elation either, especially heading into the tougher part of the season.
- Luke N. Sims