OK I understand it’s way too early for this, but I simply can’t help myself. Around this time of year everyone loves a good (or sometimes bad) depth chart!
- Blaine Gabbert-This is his team, his year.
- Chad Henne-Still the number 2; provides a veteran presence.
- Jordan Palmer-If he continues playing like this how can you not keep him around?
- Rashad Jennings-No one could ever fill MJD’s shoes, but Jennings will get the job done.
- Montell Owens-Good number 2 back and pro-bowl special teamer; spells Jennings in spot duty.
- Keith Toston-This kid wants it. Plays his way onto the team.
- Greg Jones-That little fight between him and Osi was awesome. We could use a little fight.
- Brock Bolen-Versatility as a back up; good on coverage teams.
- Justin Blackmon-5th overall pick may need time, but best believe it he has a spot on this offense.
- Laurent Robinson-Hopefully he provides Blaine with a reliable target.
- Cecil Shorts III-He could make the leap this year.
- Mike Thomas-Play like you did last Friday night…ALL THE TIME.
- Brian Robiskie-Make Cleveland sad they let you go.
- Eugene Monroe-Does nothing but improves and gives Gabbert very good protection in 2012
- Eben Britton-What will happen with him this season?
- Rob Meester-Old faithful. Staple in this offense.
- Uche Nwaneri-Solid.
- Will Rackley-Needs to get healthy, but I can see this kid having a decent season.
- Cameron Bradfield-He’s got versatility
- Jason Spitz-He’ll be good to go in the regular season; interior utility lineman.
- John Estes-He’ll man the back up center position.
- Mike Brewster-I still think he makes the 53.
- Drew Nowak-Yes I went there. The DT makes the team as an interior offensive lineman.
- Marcedes Lewis-Can he improve on his disastrous 2011 campaign? He HAS to.
- Zach Miller-Health still a huge ?
- Zach Potter-Gabbert seems to trust him.
- Tyson Alualu-Something tells me him being held out is cautionary.
- C.J. Mosley-Capable back up to Alualu.
- Terrance Knighton-Stuff the run!
- D’Anthony Smith-We just may see what we have in Smith in 2012.
- Andre Branch-This kid will be a force.
- Jeremy Mincey-We need more than 8 sacks.
- Aaron Morgan-Will this project pay off?
- Austen Lane-This is a make or break year for Lane.
- George Selvie-May keep him around for health’s sake.
- Daryl Smith-So underrated
- Paul Posluszny-Has to get better in coverage, but he’s a tackling machine.
- Russell Allen-He did it the hard way, but I think he gets Sessions’ spot in which he played so admirably last season.
- Kyle Bosworth-Saw him on the field a lot last Friday. If that becomes the standard throughout the rest of preseason then there’s your answer.
- Brandon Marshall-Impact special teamer? He looked good on the kick coverage teams last Friday.
- Derek Cox-He’ll be ready week one. #1 corner
- Aaron Ross-I think Ross will have a GREAT season
- Rashean Mathis-Long in the tooth, health a concern.
- William Middleton-I really like what I’m seeing from this guy.
- Kevin Rutland-He sneaks on the team yet again!
- Mike Harris-Team keeps six corners.
- Dawan Landry-Continues to do what he does.
- Dwight Lowery-See above.
- Chris Prosinski-Sticks around for depth and special teams.
- Courtney Greene-Quality depth; can play both safety spots.
- Josh Scobee-So relieved we sign him!
- Bryan Anger-Field position weapon, BANGER!
- Jeremy Cain-Long snapper.
Not the most in depth analysis, but it’s how I see it as of now. Thoughts, gripes? See comments section.
-David R. Johns