5 BIG Questions
- 1.) Can Luke McCown step into the shoes we wanted David Garrard to fulfill, commanding an efficient passing attack and being an emotional leader of the offense?
- 2.) Will the offense dig deep to perform at their highest level and support Luke McCown and his unexpected rise to the starting job?
- 3.) Is our run defense as improved as we’re thinking it is and will a better run defense trickle down to affect the passing game with longer 3rd downs? Are they good enough to stop Chris Johnson?
- 4.) Do the Jaguars look more organized and execute smoother than a team that spent the shortened offseason learning new systems under a new coaching staff with a new starting quarterback (Matt Hasselbeck)?
- 5.) The Jaguars have lifted the lockout for week 1 – what is the fanbase climate like around the stadium and will the Jaguars do enough in week 1 to spark further interest in ticket sales?
5 BOLD Predictions
- Luke McCown throws for 200+ yards, 1 TD, and zero interceptions.
- Marcedes Lewis is not the leading receiver for the Jaguars today. Cecil Shorts is.
- Maurice Jones-Drew rushes for less than 100 yards, with no TD’s. Deji Karim has a TD run of longer than 20 yards.
- The Jaguars D-Line accounts for 3 sacks – Tyson Alualu is in on 1.5 of them.
- Paul Posluszny takes down Chris Johnson twice for a loss. Johnson finishes the day with less than 80 yards and no touchdowns.