Nothing signifies the beginning of football season like the release of the new Madden game and gamers out there have had to wait almost a month longer than the usual early August release date. But Madden is finally here and we can all start obsessing over the multitude of playbook inaccuracies and player rating injustices. Let’s take a look at how the Jaguars players look this year…For a full look at the Jaguars (un-updated) roster and player ratings, click here.
This list does not include the Jaguars free agent acquisitions, so I’ll include the highlights…
- Paul Posluszny (MLB): 87 Overall, 85 Awareness, 90+ rating for Tackling, Stamina, Toughness, Pursuit, and Play Recognition
- Clint Session (OLB): 81 Overall, 94 Hit Power, 84+ rating in Speed, Accel, Tackling, Stamina, Block Shedding, Pursuit
- Dawan Landry (S): 86 Overall, 81 Tackling, 86 Hit Power, 87 Pursuit, 76 Awareness, 74 Zone Coverage
- Drew Coleman (CB): 71 Overall, 78 Man Cov, 71 Zone Cov, 75 Press Cov
- Jason Spitz (C/G): 77 Overall, 87 Strength, 85 Run Block, 80 Pass Block
- Tony Moll (T/G): 63 Overall, 86 Strength, 77 Run Block, 82 Pass Block
- Matt Roth (DE): 86 Overall, 85+ Accel, Strength, Awareness, Pursuit, Play Recognition, 90+ Tackling, Stamina, Toughness, Power Moves, Block Shedding
- Maurice Jones-Drew keeps his high rating of 95 Overall and makes the top 5 RB’s this year along with Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, and Stephen Jackson.
- Marcedes Lewis also breaks into the 90+ Overall club, joining the elite ranks of: Antonio Gates, Jason Witten, Dallas Clark, Jermichael Finley, Tony Gonzalez, and Vernon Davis.
- Terrance Knighton is the Jaguars top-rated D-lineman at 87 Overall, with Aaron Kampan (86 OVR) and Tyson Alualu (84 OVR) not far behind.
- Except for the Awareness attribute (Gabbert’s lowly 50 to Garrard’s 83), Blaine Gabbert appears to be very much on David Garrard’s level – each have 90 ratings for Throw Power and Gabbert’s Accuracy Ratings for short/middle/deep/on the run are 92/86/65/84 to David Garrard’s 85/76/73/78.
- Fastest: (tie) Maurice Jones-Drew and Scotty McGee – 94 Speed, 95 Acceleration
- Strongest: (tie) Uche Nwaneri and Terrance Knighton – 94 Strength
- Meanest: Clint Session – 94 Hit Power
- Smartest: Brad Meester - 95 Awareness
- Best Hands: Marcedes Lewis - 90 Catch
- Slipperiest: Mike Thomas – 92 Agility, 94 Elusiveness, 95 Spin Move, 95 Juke Move
– Andrew Hofheimer