Well, today is a sad day here in Jacksonville. With the announcement that Derrick Harvey has lost his starting spot to 2006 6th round pick, Jeremy Mincey, that leaves exactly ZERO players from Shack Harris’ 2008 draft in the Jaguars’ starting lineup. Fortunately, Black&Teal is at the cutting edge of journalism, professionalism, and in-depth exposure for Jacksonville’s most hardcore fans’ enjoyment. We have contacted Shack Harris and will be interviewing him next week, right here at Black&Teal!!!
I’m sure you all have many questions for Shack, so please submit them in the comments section and we will have Shack answer them next week! This is not the time to pull punches, let ‘em rip.
Some discussion points…
Presenting the Jaguars 2008 draft:
- 1st round – Derrick Harvey, started at defensive end, 2008-2010, benched 2010
- 2nd round – Quentin Groves, situational pass rusher for the Jaguars in ’08 and ’09, traded to Oakland for a 5th round pick
- 5th round – Thomas Williams, special teamer in ’08, released before the 2009 season
- 5th round – Trae Williams, released prior to 2008 season
- 7th round – Chauncey Washington, played on Jaguars practice squad and special teams, released before the 2009 season
All of these players would have been entering their third year in the NFL and reaching the peak of their careers. Not that they’d all be starting, but one would at least hope they’d be contributing…to the Jaguars. This draft was absolutely horrible and explains why Shack Harris is no longer a Jaguars’ employee and why Gene Smith has more rebuilding to do than we had originally realized. I hope this will give all of the fans’ perspective and patience, while Gene continues to sculpt the future of our team.
Leave your questions for Shack below!